Businesses exists because of the customers, and not the other way round.
Why do retail outlets invest significant amount on the upkeep of their stores – have plush interiors, comfortable seating arrangement and well-mannered men and women to talk to? All because they know the importance of their customers. No wonder they constantly strive to improve and enhance their experience.
And, as the same customer moves to the virtual world he or she expects the same here as well. Of course you don’t want to create the “negative” first impression. To provide a good customer experience the first step an online business needs to take is set up a user friendly website.
Website is the face of your organization, an interface that can either make or break an association. Thanks to the internet, designing a website these days is not a big deal anymore. But, getting a design which enhances user experience is still an art that very few have mastered. And, this enhanced user experience starts when you offer your customers a website which is easy to use.
Why do you need a user friendly website?
With more than one billion websites it is survival of the fittest on the World Wide Web today. You constantly have to outsmart your competitors or else nobody would take note of your website. It could well be the beginning of the end of your online journey if your customers are not able to navigate through your website comfortably.
A website is said to be user friendly if your customers find it easy to access and are able to manoeuvre through it with ease. A user friendly website helps in increasing the number of visitors coming to your site, which also improves your search engine rankings. And, more the footfall greater would be the chances of revenue generation for your organisation.
Just creating an attractive website is not sufficient to increase the number of visitors, usability is of prime importance as well. If your website is found wanting in the usability quotient it does not take long for an individual to move from your site to that of your competitor. Hence, if you want your customers to return, make sure your site is user friendly.
How to make your website user friendly
It is the customer who comes visiting your site – you have to make things easier for him. Smart website designers would tell you to put yourself in your customer’s shoes – think what they want and not how you would like it to be. Your site is there to solve the problems of your customers, it is not there to complicate things further. The more you are able to help your customers chances of doing business with them becomes greater.
This is how you can make your website user friendly:
- Intuitive Navigation – The general rule of the thumb in case of making your website user friendly is to keep things simple. It should not be a tough task for your customers to find what they are looking for on your website, hence make it easy to navigate. A menu and/ or drop down menu with all the relevant information on how to navigate your site is always a good idea. And, most importantly do not complicate the menu.
Always add a search bar on your website. This simplifies the search of your customers and saves their time. Also, introduce pictures wherever you can so that those who are not aware of the name of the product do not leave your site.
Another important factor is making your website accessible on all platforms. From desktops and laptops to smartphones and tablets, it should be accessible on all of them. Also, try and make sure that your website looks the same on all the platforms, which help your customers in locating their favourite products with ease.
- Crisp and informative content – People engage with a website primarily because of the content you offer. Pay special care to the content of your website, make it informative, target your audience appropriately and keep it simple. Also, make it interesting so that it can capture the attention of your audience.
Content layout is also an important aspect you should invest your time in – mix up your written text with photos and videos wherever you can.
Do a bit of research and come up with targeted content, which is a great way to engage with your audience.
- Responsive design – Most of the times a simple colour scheme should work fine for your website, though a few would suggest a bolder design. When you are promoting your best product a simple colour scheme is more appropriate. But, if there is more than one product to promote, you can go in for a bolder design.
There should be a symmetry when it comes to selecting colours – the entire website needs to look unified.
Just as a cramped room makes you feel claustrophobic, a crowded website can put your audience off. Make sure the layout of your website is clean and the information is evenly spread out. You can try the F – design, which is known to have given successful results.
- Contact Information – Adding contact information on your website increases your credibility. People get suspicious if the contact information is not there on the website. Giving your customers a concrete address and telephone number further enhances their confidence. Including an email address is also desirable. You can provide all this information on the bottom of the page.
- Increase the loading time – People generally are short of patience these days. If your website takes a lot of time to load your prospective customers can desert you. You have to look for a web hosting company that provides ample bandwidth so that your site loads faster.
If you are planning to get your website designed from professionals, which you should – a web designing company in Noida can help you get a user friendly site. Contact vStacks Infotech with your idea and see your dream translate into a reality.
From website designing to hosting and fast load times, vStacks Infotech – a web designing company in Noida can propel your online journey with a thrust.